What is the Man of Faith Scholarship?
The Men of Phi Kappa Theta are proud to introduce to you the Man of Faith Scholarship for the Fall 2016 semester. We've developed the Man of Faith Scholarship to recognize up to three incoming male freshman at Kansas State University who exemplify men that place leadership and academics in the forefront of their everyday lives. Phi Kappa Theta also recognizes leadership and academics as the foundation of our Fraternity. It is because these ideals are so important to us that we offer one $1,000 scholarship and two $500 scholarships to three deserving recipients.
What are the eligibility requirements for the Man of Faith Scholarships?
- The candidate must be an incoming male freshman at Kansas State University for the Fall 2017 semester.
- The candidate must also visit the Phi Kappa Theta chapter house for an interview with a scholarship panel. The scholarship panel will ask the candidate questions about his submitted materials and his collegiate plans
The scholarships will be awarded based on three criteria:
- The candidate has displayed a commitment to academics in his high school career.
- The candidate has shown that he is a man of character and has exhibited that leadership is a priority.
- The candidate has been recommended for the scholarship from various high school, church or youth group authorities showing emphasis on leadership and academics.
How do I apply for the Man of Faith Scholarship?
- Fill out the Man of Faith Scholarship application packet, which you can find above. The application packet will also give you information on the letters of recommendation that must be sent in with your application. The application packet must be postmarked by February 7th, 2017.
- The Men of Phi Kappa Theta will contact potential candidates to inform them of the available interview times. The interviews will be held on February 18th and 19th at the chapter house at 1965 College Heights Rd. Manhattan, KS 66502. In order to be eligible to be selected as a scholarship recipient, the candidate must interview on one of these two days.
How is the scholarship money distributed?
The scholarship recipients will be notified on May 1st, 2017. Phi Kappa Theta will credit the award amount to the recipient's Kansas State University tuition account, rather than give them a physical check.
Do you have to be a member of Phi Kappa Theta to win the scholarship?
The scholarship winners do not have to pledge Phi Kappa Theta. However, it is important to note that the requirements for the scholarship reference leadership and academics. Leadership and academics are two of Phi Kappa Theta's five ideals. The men of Phi Kappa Theta live by the following ideals on a daily basis: Spiritual, Intellectual, Fraternal, Social, and Leadership. These ideals are truly the foundation of Phi Kappa Theta and its brothers. It is also important to mention that Phi Kappa Theta has a tradition of excellence in providing the complete college experience while developing men into future leaders.